Ahead of the Easter break we thought we would round up some of the things you can do around Edinburgh to keep little minds occupied.
- The Edinburgh Science Festival will be in full swing across town. The brochure is on this link.
- The Puppet Animation festival is also taking place in Edinburgh from now at various venues.
- Edinburgh Museums and Galleries will be open over the break. In particular the Museum of Childhood has just reopened after an extensive refit and reinvention.
- Lauriston Castle has a great easter programme of events for the family on this link.
- The National Museum of Scotland in Chambers Street are offering a big range of events and activities next week for free.
- Edinburgh’s Libraries are always open in the holidays for your reading needs.
- The Botanics will be part of the science festival with a bee based performance (link here).
- There are great family walks in and around Edinburgh. A good website for finding these is Walk Highlands . A really good one for kids is along the Crammond prom from West Shore Road to Crammond. Take crayons and paper as there are brass rubbing plaques along the route depicting local history back thousands of years as drawn by Silverknowes primary.
- The National Mining Museum is open through the holiday and is always a favourite with it’s mine tunnel recreation tour.
- Gorgie Farm is always there for Dalry Locals.
Have fun in the holiday!