Welcome to the Dalry Primary School Parent Council
We are a group of parents of children who currently attend Dalry Primary School, and we meet regularly during term time to discuss and solve issues, and raise funds to help the school to continue to be the wonderful primary school it is.
Any parent of a child or children who currently attends the school is welcome to come to Parent Council meetings.
Parent Helpers need to help keep Breakfast Club going!
Currently Michelle Smith is running Breakfast Club on her own. We need volunteers to help out from 8.15AM to 9AM once a fortnight. Due to budget constraints if we do not manage to run the Club with volunteers BREAKFAST CLUB WILL EITHER HAVE TO CLOSE OR START CHARGING. If you think you can help please email the Parent Council on firstname.lastname@example.org or pop into the Breakfast Club in the dining hall and fill in a sign up form.
What Does the Parent Council Do?
In general the role of the Parent Council is to:
• represent the views of parents on wider issues (not individual cases, this should still be discussed with the class teacher in the first instance)
• report back to the parents in the school
• raise funds that will directly benefit the school and pupils
The Parentzone Scotland Website gives this information
- Work in partnership with the school to decide on the key priorities to take forward;
- Provide a voice for parents in schools and in their local authority on issues that are important to them;
- Improve the school’s understanding of how to engage parents in their children’s learning and in the life of the school;
- Support the school to develop strong home/school partnerships;
- Communicate regularly with the Parent Forum to both hear their views and keep them informed;
- Support improvement by discussing the school’s strengths and areas for development from a parental perspective;
- Help make links with the wider community;
- Capture the unique and varied skills, interests, knowledge and experience that parents can offer.
Keeping in touch with Parent Council Activities
Meetings usually last 1 to one and half hours.
Day Meetings held after school at 3.30pm.
Evening Meetings held at 6.30pm within the school.
If you have something that you want discussed at the next meeting but are unable to attend, you can email your comments to email@example.com and someone will read out your email on your behalf and provide you with feedback.
Dalry Primary School PC Fund-raising Events
Parent Council’s Burns Supper