We held our Christmas Assembly and service today with help from Fraser of Palmerston Place church and some very interesting animals from a certain stable.
P1 had a rocking christmas Party!
They played games like musical statues and pass the parcel and they had a very special visitor.
(apologies if your child was too excited/shy/swift to get a great Santa pic. Mr Bennett tries to get everybody but there are always a couple who have too much fun to be still!)
We had an amazing Christmas Enterprise day on Wednesday. The Clan Chiefs and Deputes planned a range of wonderful Christmas and Winter Christmas craft activities for all of the children in their own Clans with the staff. Thanks to the huge amount of parents who volunteered to come in and support this fabulous festive event. A big thank you to Mrs Mason and Miss Kelly who organise this event behind the scenes, and make sure it runs smoothly every year! We all had so much fun!
It is winter and the winter bugs are arriving as usual.
At this time of year it is especially important to follow the best advice to help keep children and staff well and keep schools and nurseries working well.
NHS Lothian have issued the following key advice for Parents and Carers.
The most important message is:
The key advice is the
Children should not return to school until completely well and 48 hours after symptoms have cleared.
The following will help prevent infection at home as well.
In the home the risk of catching or spreading flu/cold like illness can be reduced by:
•Regular hand washing with liquid soap and running water
•Covering nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
•Using a disposable paper tissue, disposed off immediately after use.
•You can teach your child to sneeze into the ‘crook’ of their arm rather than their hands, if they don’t have a tissue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQINuSTP1jI
•Good general cleaning of surface that everyone touches often e.g. TV remote, light switches, door handles, toilet flushes and tap heads.
Primary 1 and Priamry ½ enjoyed exploring the wonderful books in their Primary 1 Bookbug and Primary 2 Read, Write Count bag. We explored each book, visited the library and discussed what we enjoyed in each one. The children then voted for their favourite title in the Bookbug Picture Book Prize. We recorded our votes on a pictograph. The Station Mouse was a clear winner!
Hopefully all our families have access to a copy of their latest class newsletters but just in case here is a round up of some of the key dates for the next few weeks. (do check back for late additions)
Thursday 5th December
- Flu innoculations
Monday 9th December
- Nativity practice performance for the school
Tuesday 10th December
- Nativity show for P1 and P2 families. (please note- as with all events due to there being children at the school who do not have legal permission from carers and family for photos we must ask you to refrain from taking photos or video of the performance itself. Photos will be taken by members of staff and added to the website. There is often an opportunity after the event to grab your own picture of your child. Thank you for your understanding). P1 and P2.
Wednesday 11th December
- Christmas Clan Day (Whole School)
- Christmas School Lunch – (book via parent pay by December 4th)
Thursday 12th December
- SCHOOL CLOSED FOR GENERAL ELECTION
Friday 13th December
Christmas cinema trip (whole school).
Monday 16th December
- Winning Clan Treat
Tuesday 17th December
- P4 and P4/5 Christmas Party
Wednesday 18th December
- Panto trip (P5/4) (packed lunch required.)
- Class Christmas Party P2 and P3
- Choir trip (Choir)
Thursday 19th December
- Class Christmas Party P1 and P1/2
Friday 20th December
- Last Day of Term -SCHOOL FINISHES AT 12PM