Another year at Dalry is done!
There have been hot days,
Hard working days,
Hard playing days,
But they were all Dalry Days
Thank you to all pupils, parents, carers, volunteers and staff for a brilliant year.
See you in August
The summer is here and so are six weeks of holidays to fill.
Here are some ideas for days out, events and local fun.
Lots of them are free!
- Edinburgh Museums and Galleries will be open over the break. Lauriston Castle, The City Arts Centre and a wealth of other venues are open 7 days a week with lots of exciting events and exhibitions.
- There are great family walks in and around Edinburgh. A good website for finding these is Walk Highlands .
- Mr Bennett’s top 5 family walks near Edinburgh are:
- Granton to Cramond. The walk along the forth from Granton to Cramond would be a fantastic walk as it is. But add in the collectable brass rubbing points along the way and ice cream, or a pub lunch,at the other end and this is probably the best family walk in Edinburgh. Scooter, buggy and bike friendly too.
- The Craiglockhart Hills. are right on our doorstep just a bus ride away. They are great for a woodland walk, a lochside walk and a hill for a picnic. Extend your walk by walking along the canal to the start.
- Linlithgow Loch is a very gentle stroll. Just wander around the loch and visit the play park.
- Croy Hill a bit further afield and a bit more challenging but definitely fun. Also- has romans.
- Direleton to North Berwick This one is four gentle miles and involves beaches galore, a woodland adventure playground, a lighthouse island view and chips and ice cream at the end by a beach and playground. Make a day of it.
- The National Mining Museum is open through the holiday and is always a favourite with it’s mine tunnel recreation tour, and very easy to get to on the borders railway from Haymarket.
- If you are going out on the trains this summer make sure you take advantage of Scotrail’s family offers “Kids Go Free” and the Family Rail card (1/3 off fares for all the family)
- Gorgie Farm is always there for Dalry Locals and getting better all the time.
- Further afield the beaches at Portobello, North Berwick, Dunbar and Eymouth are all great for day trips. As are the many beaches over in Fife.
- There are also a tonne of events locally which we have already flagged up. Head to our news list to see all the things that are going on.
Have a great summer.
Primary 3 had a brilliant day at Portobello beach as an end of term treat. Thank you to all our fabulous parent helpers for making it such a great day. We all had lots of fun in the sand, with a sandcastle competition, and in the play park too!
In health week primary 3 had a lovely walk along the canal and a play in Harrison Park during health week. We all enjoyed getting up close to nature and being out in the fresh air!
Our very own Mr “D” Devine made special awards this week to children in the school who made a special effort and showed great attitude in PE.
Well done to all who received one.
SAMH are holding a fun day “Razzmatazz” on Saturday 21st July.