Ahead of the midterm break we thought we would round up some of things you can do around Edinburgh to keep little minds occupied this October.
- Edinburgh Museums and Galleries will be open over the break. In particular this is the last chance to visit the Museum of Childhood in its present for before it closes until March for an extensive refit and reinvention. They are also having a toy sale and offering a free magic show (book in advance) before they close.
- The National Museum of Scotland in Chambers Street are offering a big range of events and activities next week for free.
- Edinburgh’s Libraries are always open in the holidays for your reading needs.
- The Botanics continue to offer their Family Art trail and are bringing Halloween early with their spooky Halloween Trail starting today.
- There are great family walks in and around Edinburgh. A good website for finding these is Walk Highlands .
- The National Mining Museum is open through the holiday and is always a favourite with it’s mine tunnel recreation tour.
- Gorgie Farm is always there for Dalry Locals.
Have fun in the holiday!